Tuesday, September 23, 2008

canning 101

Before

After
Since I've had a little bit more time on my hands, I thought it would be nice to start canning. So I went crazy. I canned apricots, salsa, freezer jam, and my last and final were peaches. My aunt was talking to me one day and she told me that she used to can almost anything she could. She went on to say that she would go downstairs in her pantry and just stare at all of the different colors that she had.
I didn't know that something like that would inspire me, but it sure did. So here they are, my pride and joy. I sure underestimated the time and effort it takes to put into canning, but it sure pays off in the end.

5 comments:

MTg McBride said...

Ok Mere - I think it is too late for me this year. But next year sign me up for your canning 101. :) I'd love to put some of our peaches to good use throughout the year.

Mrs B said...

OK- I don't like peaches, but I think canned stuff is so pretty. Maybe next year you can give me some pointers & we can make some pretty jars of stuff. Even some I'd like to eat! I'm inspired.

Becky said...

Very impressive! I LOVE the feeling after you spend so much time canning and have so much to show for it. I've only done tomatoes and salsa, but I will have to try peaches next!

DaBudges said...

Good job! I canned jam and freezer jam this year...not very much, but it does take a while. It's fun to eat it, though, just knowing that you made it :D Yay for you!

Miss Candace said...

Good Job! My sister and I had a succesful day of canning peaches and tomatoes and it made us feel so proud. That was so fun last night to see everyone and catch up, we'll for sure have to do it again next month!

Favorite tunes


Grace and her family