Friday, February 6, 2009

Pinching your pennies?


So I just went to probably the coolest thing last night and am so excited to share it with my fellow bloggers. It was so interesting and very educational. It's a class that the Standard Examiner has twice a month. A lady from pinchingyourpennies.com comes to tell us about "couponing." I know it sounds like a hobby. In some ways it actually is. 
The lady that taught the class last night says she has 5 children and only spends $300 a month on groceries. That sounds so unrealistic to me, but she does it and it works for her. You basically get the coupons from the newspaper every sunday and cut them out and wait for the item to go on sale. There is a lot more to it; she explains it all when you go to the class. 
So I'm so excited about it, more importantly about saving money. I recommend going to the class. It is worth it! It sure has got me pumped to try it. 

2 comments:

Fausett Family said...

That is a really great idea!!! I will have to try the coupon thing! :) Hope you are doing well! :)

Miss Candace said...

My sister does that and she has been wanting me to try it for a while. She and her friends go shopping at midnight when they have the sales "midnight madness" and she is always so excited to tell me everything she got. We'll all have to try it out!

Favorite tunes


Grace and her family